brake upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brake upgrades

My existing set up comprises disc front and rear with metro servo.Fronts are 240mm vented with single piston sliding caliper[standard sierra?]What are alternatives for front/is going to wilwood 4 pston set up a major improvement WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS?

Re: brake upgrades

SORRY FOLKS THIS SHOULD BE IN CABRIO SECTION

Comment

Hi Alan. This is quite a topical subject. There is a thread currently running on the madabout website regarding the inadequacy of the metro servo and the availability of a dual diaphragm servo from Duksville Speed shop. I'm watching intently for feedback on whether this is a worthwile upgrade.Regards

Comment

Hi
        I'm the guy who bought the Duksville Dual 7" servo - however, my Cabrio will not be on the road for several months. If anyone would like to "Try before you buy" I would be happy to lend this unit to someone prpepared to try it out promptly to give some proper feedback. Anyone interested, please contact me:
        mands(dot)garner(at)btinternet(dot)com
        For information, the Dual 7" servo actually has a 6" diaphragm - identical to the metro unit, and is therefore (almost) a direct replacement - I plan to retain the same pipe lengths.
        For photos have a look at
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikes_bmw_marlin_cabrio/6311870554/in/photostream

Comment

Working...
        X