Endurance event in 2012 to Greece

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endurance event in 2012 to Greece

Right you lot, who wants to come and play on an endurance event in 2012? I have entered the Guild of Motor Endurance, London Athens event which starts on 2nd Sept and finishes on the 13th in the Dolomites some 4000miles later. The route starts at the Ace Cafe in London, travels to Berlin, down through Poland, CZ, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Greece, Macedonia, Serbia, Montenegro, Bosnia, Croatia, Slovenia, Austria, then to the finish in Italy. The event changes from earlier formats with the primary challenge being navigation and reaching set points rather than timing. From reports coming in we can expect stunning scenery and magnificent roads. There are about thirty cars entered so far with a max of about forty possible. Check it out on the website: www.guildofmotorendurance.co.uk. We would love to enter a Marlin team, so come on, take the challenge!

Look forward to hearing from you

Pete Crowther

Re: Endurance event in 2012 to Greece

I am thinking of doing the event as well in my Sportster, I have a few things to do over the winter to make it ready for such a long event, like fit the hood on, fit wipers and other small items, but I am up for it.
    Dennis

Comment

Good man Dennis, What's this about a hood and wipers? We have done two of these events now without a hood both times. Probably would be nice but truly not essential. Let me know when you enter and I'll log us as a team provided we can get one more (min three foe a team). Call me on 01430 424876 ifr any questions you may have. One suggestion is to ensure your cooling system is in good shape. Ambients around 30 to 35 C were experienced during the recce conducted at the same time as the event this past September.
      Regards

Pete C

Comment

I will have my Sportster properly sorted by the spring after many setbacks( bought a part-build.good value but lots of issues to sort) so if I can do a "trade" with the other half than we will be upfor it.
        Regards
        Ian

Comment

Working...
        X