Roadster Hardtop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadster Hardtop

Hi Everyone, I remember a while ago someone looking to get a hard top designed made for the roadster. Gave a look at this http://www.kitcar-trader.co.uk/other-kit-cars-for-sale/marlin-roadster

Re: Roadster Hardtop

that is indeed interesting.I have some ideas of my own and will at some point be making a hardtop for my roadster,although it may be a little different to that one.It is quite possible that I could make them available commercially if anyone is interested,but it will be a while before I get round to it.
    I would be quite happy to make Marlin panels too,but obviously that requires the agreement of the rights holder,whoever that is now.

Comment

I saw this roadster with a very nice hard top back around 1990.The builder was displaying his car with a view to selling others if anyone was interested. I have no idea if that person is still involved with Marlins?
      Mike

Comment

Why is this system so flaky with pictures? Roll on next week for the new Forum!
        Try again!

Comment

This is ridiculous, I've reduced this to a postage stamp and it is still not picking it up!!
          Attached Files

Comment

I would love to have a hardtop. I am taxed for the whole year for the first time so it would be nice to be snug inside. I may have a go at making one. Any more pictures anyone? Perhaps I should just render my ageing soft top!
            Roadster MKII LWB. Built 1988. Marina 1.8TC based. B Series 1950cc engine fitted with twin SU HS4 carburetors and unleaded, big valve head. 4 core Austin Maxi radiator. All Marina 1.8TC running gear including 4 speed gearbox. Minilite style 15"wheels fitted with tall tyres to increase gearing for more relaxed cruising.

Comment

Hi Mike, is that a roadster??

Comment

What type of doors are on it, looks more like a berli from that angle.

Comment

pic of my my hard top
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi Lee, where did you get that? did you make it?

Comment

Hi adrian it came with a car I got once

Comment

what did it look like on the car, it appears to have a steep rise at the front?

Comment

Hi Mike, if you would like to email me that picture in the largest resolution you have, I will sort it out for you. I have a vested interest as I have produced an article for the next Pitstop concerning building a hardtop and have been discussing with Dave C. some of the fundamental design issues. If you have several photos please send them

keithhowell(at)tesco(dot)net

Comment

The red hardtop was definitely a Roadster.
                            I only have a photo taken 20 years ago, but will be happy to photograph a copy, or scan, which ever will be the best.
                            I am sure there are mebers who will know more about this car. I seem to recall there was a thread in the last couple years - I may even have thrown this same photo up back then?

Keith I'll email later

Comment

keith

If you run a search for hard top in the Roadster section and go to the last page there was a thread similar to this running in 2005/6. There are a couple more photos of the same roadster from different angles.
                              Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X