Facebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook

Is it possible to link the Marlin Facebook page here ? I thought I might be able to link it myself.

Log in to Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family and people you know.

Comment

You made that look so easy ! : )

Comment

Re: Facebook

If you are joining the Facebook Marlin page, can you include a message as there has been a few people who have tried to join but I'm not sure that they are for real !
        Last edited by trevor_ford; 31-01-13, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Hi Trevor

I have applied to join the facebook group. Could you approve me for the page. Not very good a Facebook so hope I have applied in the right way.

Regards

Dan Cook

Comment

Hi Dan, consider it done.

Comment

It is possible to have a link to your facebook pages from within the forum here. I haven't enabled the feature as I didn't think many would want to use it - if there is a request then I will look into it but it will take a chuynk of time to get working properly.

Comment

Why do we need FB when we have a fully functioning forum on here
                Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

My feeling exactly. I don't have any idea what 'Facebook' is or does, despite my ex wife spending over an hour trying to explain to me how vital it is to my 'life' (she lives on it).

I have enough on my plate posting here and on a Photo forum where I am also a Mod and Admin. Not to mention building the odd car, writing a book on commemorative plant names and testing beta software for Apple.

Several times I have had invites but I have never responded.

Comment

so I was right to keep it turned off My feelings are that life is too short for FB

Comment

Originally posted by cameronfurnival View Post
                      so I was right to keep it turned off My feelings are that life is too short for FB
                      But leaving it turned off goes against your previous philosophy of enabling everything.

The FB page is independant of the MOC and it's presence is simply another form of communication and should be treated as such.
                      It provides a forum for those who do not want to associate with the MOC (and those who do).

Access to this forum by non-members is, according to published Committee Meeting minutes, due for review. This Forum could be closed to non-members within the next three months! So some Marlin Enthusiasts, by using FB, can be assured of maintaining contact with like-minded souls outside of the MOC.

Personally, I find the Internet a great resource. You don't have to subscribe to everything, you can be personally selective, to suit your own needs and desires.

It seems to me though, that there is an inherent resistance amongst some who use this forum, to almost deny the presence of other resources, that are freely available.

Comment

I've been very quite for a long time, as I have had loads to do on my car & other personal issues.

Linking the site is a good way forward as it is bringing 'the club' into the modern way, something which many seem reluctant to do.

However as I am not renewing my membership, along with my dad, I am not that bothered whichever way.

JONO

Comment

My viewpoint probably doesn't reflect general opinion, in fact it rarely does! But it remains my view. Quite apart from the practical aspect of duplicate posting, which is pointless, I prefer the more personal, friendly and much better regulated environs of a small forum such as this to a world wide platform with an over generous sprinkling of trolls and idiots with malicious intent. Witness the regular disgraceful offensive posts which have resulted in prosecutions.

The apparent total lack of moderation or consideration for others and the stated refusal to moderate posts without court orders. I want nothing to do with any online presence of that sort.

That is not to say I am against an f button on this forum but I won't be clicking it.

Originally posted by cameronfurnival View Post

Comment

Originally posted by stevejgreen View Post

The FB page is independant of the MOC and it's presence is simply another form of communication and should be treated as such.
                            It provides a forum for those who do not want to associate with the MOC (and those who do).
                            Precisely!
                            Last edited by cameronfurnival; 05-02-13, 12:06 PM. Reason: accuracy :)
                            Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Working...
                            X