X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removal of wings on the Roadster

Hi
    I am new to this kit car business and have a couple of questions
    If the early Roadster needed a repair to a wing is it easily removed from the car for work. It looks as if it is in two parts with a join just behind the drivers door.
    Thanks

Re: Removal of wings on the Roadster

Hiya

This should help, the build manuals for the mk1 and 2 of the Roadster.

Regards

Adrian

Comment

Yes very easy to remove, steps is as follows
      1.remove headlamp bar and headlamps
      2. Remove bolts joining rear wing to running boards at the back of the door
      3. Depending how your car trimmed out you may need to remove the seat to access the bolts holding the wing on.
      4 start unbolting the running board at the back working forward through into the engine bay i would recommend leaving the inner wing on the running board
      5 remove the 2 bolts that bolt the running board to the top stay beside side light
      6 lift away

Fitting back is straight froward but highly recommend using riv nuts all along the chassis so if you need to take the wings off again you can unbolt without removing your interior.

Give me a call if you need anything else my number is in pitstop under chairman
      Regards
      Lee

Comment

Thanks guys
        I have registered on a fair number of kit car sites to help in the process of selecting the right car to buy. This forum is by far and away the most active, lively and helpful.

Comment

Hiya

If repairing the wings make sure you use a filler that is made to flex as in the past I have used the standard isopon stuff and it cracked and crazed in no time.

Adrian

Comment

if taking the winfs off it is worth replacing the plastic P beading between wing adn body- costs little and makes a huge difference to the appearance - good luck - and thanks for your nice comments about the site

Comment

Working...
            X