Wipers and parking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wipers and parking

One that has been a spoken about before chrome or stainless steel wiper arms and blades. I have searched everywhere and can't get any 12" moden type blades in chrome or stainless , can get some mk2 Granada arms but no blades the correct size to fit. Has any one else looked at this problem.

Parking also all cabrios I have seen leave the p/s wiper arms showing is there any reason for this ? Has anyone got over this ? And got the to park in the right pleace hidden out of view.

Thanks lee

Re: Wipers and parking

Hi Lee

I can't help with the Chrome wiper blade - I ran into the same dead end. I think the Sierra arm is actually stainless, so can be cleaned and polished. I cut and welded mine, and did not get the paint back on and they have not gone rusty, so I suspect they are stainless................but that is only my educated guess!

However, I have solved the park issue: but it meant cutting and welding the wiper drive arm to make it 8mm longer. This then gives more arc, so that you can push the wipers further down out of the way, whilst still achieving a full sweep on the windscreen.
    There is a photo on my flickr site:
    I have increased the length of the wiper motor arm by 8mm: this increases the throw, and so the arc of both wiper spindles. The driver's side wiper goes out to parallel with the frame upright, yet both park below the bonnet line - all very neat. Note: the connecting rod had to be increased in length by 15mm to accommodate the mis-location of the motor plate

Regards
    Mike

Comment

Working...
    X