Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Headlamp Support Cups - or whatever they're called !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlamp Support Cups - or whatever they're called !

I'm starting on the detail clean up of the Hunter. See pic for what I'm after (the bit within the red border) - one I can clean up, I think,
    but t'other is too rusted. Therefore really need a pair, I cannot see them as individual items in Europa or CBS catalogues and don't want
    to buy a pair of headamps. I suppose I could always clean and paint these, but "shiny" always looks so much better.

Anyone have a spare pair ? Or ideas and helpful suggestions please, and thanks in anticipation

Rgds DC

PS Yes, I'm also putting new bolts on the light bar !
    Attached Files

Re: Headlamp Support Cups - or whatever they're called !

Dc the headlights that marlin supplied were poor quality, and always rusted unless someone has some spare cups the only way is a set of SVC stainless headlamps. Don't buy anything else however a good price it is at stoneleigh.

Comment

Many thanks for the advice Lee.

Comment

DC

You could plan to get them re-chromed: as they're small they should not be too expensive.

Another alternative is Chrome on Brass headlights from SVC - not cheap, but they are good quality.

Comment

DC have alook at this chrome paint http://chromepaint.com/?page_id=8 might do the trick
          Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Thanks Ben, good spot

I've bookmarked the site whilst thinking/sorting what to do

.....................meantime more importantly I need to sort out why I had total ignition/fuel failure and had to be towed home by the AA
            Shan't bother with details here but I guess a post on the Cabrio thread might be in order

Thanks Again DC

Comment

Working...
            X