Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To all Hunter owners wishing you had better brakes......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To all Hunter owners wishing you had better brakes......

Well now you can.............

In latter years Marlin supplied the Hunter with its own manufactured pedal box, and as a consequence had to fit the smaller 6" metro servos to clear the bonnet side panels(instead of the original and larger 8" Sierra servo), which mean the brakes are not up to the performance of the car. Until now owners have had to put up with the resulting very heavy right leg braking required.

Recently one of our members spotted a "Dual 7" servo, which is actually the same diameter as the original metro servo, but has the same servo boost, as the original Sierra 8" servo. To cut a long story short, 21 of us invested in an order of these special servos from USA, and a well engineered adaptor kit, and the results have been highly impressive. Without exception, everyone who has fitted the servo after using the metro servo has stated their car has been "transformed" or the brakes are a "revelation".
    Andrew Curtis went a step further with his own "Top Gear" road test of his Sportster on a dis-used airfield behind his farm. Braking from 70mph his average stopping distance over 4 attempts was a yawning 210 feet, pressing as hard as he could. With the new Dual 7" servo that was halved to just 103 feet, and with less leg effort!
    There is a reason why the owners who have adopted these servos are all so pleased. Frankly the brakes were not good enough for the performance of our cars when compared to the modern over servoed tin tops we have all become accutomed to. These servos give us a car we can drive in todays traffic and brake along with tin tops that can stop on a sixpence.

The whole project to engineer and trial the kit for our cars has been documented in Pitstop, and much more thoroughly on Madabout kitcars: if you would like to know more, try:

Dual 7" Servo Marlin Sportster, Cabrio, Berlinetta and Roadster builds

If you are interested in joining a second batch of owners wishing to make a signifcant improvement to your brakes with a now proven , and very cheap conversion kit, would you like to make yourselves known, either via this MOC forum, or if you prefer, by calling me on Tel: 0796eight eight35 101.
    If we can get at least six more interested I'll organise a further batch to be made available.
    Regards
    Mike
    Last edited by Mike; 29-03-12, 08:44 AM.

Re: To all Hunter owners wishing you had better brakes......

Message for Norman "????? "- Cabrio with V8

Can you please contact me again as your voicemail message via my mobile is not clear, and the return number is unobtainable.
    You can reach me on my mobile as before.

Regards
    Mike

Comment

Working...
    X