Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cosworth cabrio latest update

Originally posted by CosworthCabrioLee View Post
    Hi Peter yes you remove the arb and the compression strut fixes on in the same location both on the chassis and also on the tca, as for the ride and handling ( purely for test purposes officer) I took it out today and drove it like I stole it and it simply is faultless over rough roads smooth, hard cornering flat, heavy braking the nose hardly dips . Very happy with all of the conversion including the electric power steering Pleased I did it but a tally up it's about £600 all in so not cheap.
    Thanks, Lee, useful feedback. It sounds like a useful upgrade.

...peter

Comment

Well I have been busy the garage floor has been lined with rubber to keep the heat in and the cold out and both up and over doors have been sealed for no drafts, As for the Cabrio it has had a 3 day clean and polish of everything and it has gone to bed for the winter in its Carcoon, but still got some little bits to do ready for the show season.........
      To keep me out of trouble over the winter, I have a new project coming and it aint a Marlin.................But what is it ??
      Attached Files

Comment

Did you get the grass stains of the tyres before you put it to bed ? and you will need to do lot more then little for the show season !!. Judging by your lawn mower you have a lot of work to do. (Terry made me do ths)

Comment

Blooming heck, I'd be scared to turn the garage lights on in case the paint work starts to fade. LOL

Terry

Comment

Here you two my lawn mower does not smoke as much as your old buses, and its has more BHP .....................LoL

Comment

Hey Lee do you know you have more lights in your garage than I have in my house!!!

How's the other little secret project coming along?

Comment

Light aircraft, midget sub [you do live in the lakes] personal rocket pack! Don't keep us guessing. Bit early for hibernation with those glorious autumn days just around the corner! Best wishes Alan

Comment

Hi Allen not Hibernating far from it, got some little Cabrio mods up my sleeve, but my latest toy is a Quantum H4 powered by a 2L silver top Zetec and Donor car was a RS !800. Feels good to drive and the holding hardtop is fantastic. I have had one before but that one had a 1.6 CVH in and was so under powered.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Wow, that looks really nice, cant wait to see it.

Terry

Comment

Lee, can I book a hair appointment ?

Comment

You ain't got any hair

Comment

Finally after months of searching I have got myself a plenum chamber and 2 rocker covers, the plan is to highly polish them over the winter and fit in the spring.
                          Does anyone have any good hints and tips on polishing alloy ? Going to start by buying a kit.
                          Let operation bling the engine bay begin

Comment

Lee, They must be in a shity mess if it takes all the winter to polish and must be a bugger to fit if needs all spring to fit !! still no guarantee you have a show winner !!!!!!!.

Comment

RHJ, I didn't realise you are a wind-up merchant (lol)...but 12 out of ten for that one !

Comment

Hi Lee, Polishing is quite straightforward if you use a bench mounted set up rather than an electric drill (though useful for smaller parts) I did a Rover V8 including carb dashpots and valve covers -its was lovely when done. If a casting is a bit rough get it sanded first or walnut blasted, takes a whole lot of effort out of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X