Cosworth cabrio latest update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cosworth cabrio latest update

Thanks Cameron I am looking forward to getting started going to enjoy doing them. Will upload pictures of before during and after

Comment

http://www.caswellplating.com/buffman.htm I could sayjust ask me but have to admit they are no relation, but Lee wear a mask as the debris isnt good for the lungs.

...and here's the booklet.
      Last edited by cameronfurnival; 10-10-12, 09:09 AM.
      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Well lets get started.........................first the plenum, tape off all the holes and strip all the old paint off to see what is underneath
        Attached Files

Comment

yep that looks nasty!

Comment

That looks cleaner than mine.

If I give you mine could you give it a clean to look like yours?

Comment

I don't mean shiny I just mean how yours look now.

Comment

Sorry, please.

Comment

Well after 3 days of paint stripping, grinding down, sanding down and polishing the plenum is almost finished, just awaiting the painting of the Cosworth badge same colour as the car and a good flush out. Now its time to start on the rocker covers....................but not until my finder prints grow back
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by CosworthCabrioLee; 13-10-12, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Lookin good Lee. Which bit are you going to stretch out for the rest of the winter? [wink]

Comment

Lee

You've done a great job there - that's not easy with Ally. I'm impressed! Look forward to the finished article.

Mike

Originally posted by CosworthCabrioLee View Post
                      Well after 3 days of paint stripping, grinding down, sanding down and polishing the plenum is almost finished, just awaiting the painting of the Cosworth badge same colour as the car and a good flush out. Now its time to start on the rocker covers....................but not until my finder prints grow back

Comment

Well I have woken up, the cabrio is out of its carcoon, starting was no problem, a gallon of super unleaded I had a battery conditioner on all winter so the battery was fully charged i ran the fuel pump for a minute and it started first turn. Quick run up the road to temperature and now let operation bling the engine bay begin.......and a few other little treats..........
                        Last edited by CosworthCabrioLee; 21-03-13, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Well the plenum chamber and cam covers are back on and the car is up and running, took the opertunitie to replace most bolts with stainless so looking quote smart. Just awaiting the arrival of alloy expansion tank and washer bottle. Got a bit of a problem with the battery ....it's the wrong colour

Comment

Originally posted by CosworthCabrioLee View Post
                            Well the plenum chamber and cam covers are back on and the car is up and running, took the opertunitie to replace most bolts with stainless so looking quote smart. Just awaiting the arrival of alloy expansion tank and washer bottle. Got a bit of a problem with the battery ....it's the wrong colour
                            You could get one of these covers..........

Comment

Thanks Peter you have given me a idea, I think I have a date tomorrow with a tig and a piece of stainless

Comment

Well back to the drawing board, despite making the battery sleeve that slips over the battery small, and also the lid it will fowl the bonnet dam and blast. But at least I had fun with the plasma ))

Comment

Working...
                                X