Heater matrix blocked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heater matrix blocked

The Heater matrix on my Cabriolet is blocked and as you know it is buried deep behind the dash and will therefore be a major job to rectify. I wonder if anyone has any experience of the product on this website http://liquidintelligence115.co.uk/p...m-cleaning-kit . Alternatively do you have any ideas foe a simple fix? Thanks Ken.

Re: Heater matrix blocked

I have had some success with standard rad flush products in the past. It may help to connect a hose to the heater pipe - try the outlet first and alternate until the gunge comes out. Fernox do a really good one which i have used in central heating systems to good effect.
    Ofcourse the old wives remedy is to pour a load of white vinegar into it!
    Last edited by cameronfurnival; 24-05-12, 07:11 PM.

Comment

I've used baking soda in the past. Disconnect pipes, plug one of the connections to matrix, pour in a solution and plug and leave to do its work. Flush both ways. Worked for me.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. What quantities are needed for vinegar and baking soda? Will vinegar attack solder?

Comment

with the vinegar, i wouldnt trust it in an alloy engine (or radiator) as it can be quite corrosive, baking soda may be more gentle - but in terms of quantities of each its probably as cheap to get a bottle of rad flush as it is a few pints of vinegar - make sure its suitable for the material your system is made from. Lead in solder is pretty innert and the vinegar would have to be in a long time to do any damage to it Im guessing. vinegar will dissolve sediment from hard water but if its full of rust then i wouldnt mess about - get some radflush or similar.

Comment

Working...
          X