Cabrio Bits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabrio Bits

Hi all, had a good day at the Classic Car Show (NEC) today. Apart from drooling over some of the cars there my main purpose was to source new bits for my project Cabrio. I expect to be sending the panels to the paint shop shortly (just the rear tub to take off). So I thought that some new brightwork & lights could do with replacing. I have managed to get a pair of "wing mirrors" some stainless fastners, for re-assembly & spoke to a company that can supply me with new wing piping at reasonable cost in any colour except yellow, (why not yellow I don't know), however I think I want light blue.
    I had no luck in finding bonnet catches so if anyone knows of a supplier please tell. The sidelights were proving a problem but I think I have found a Rubbolite supplier with a couple in stock, I will know on Monday, again if anyone knows of a source or a comparable fitting please let me know.
    Ta, Jools.

Re: Cabrio Bits

See attached pic of Range rover side repeater light used on my Cabrio for side lights. You can get them off ebay for approx £15 per pair. Item number 400335905705
    Attached Files
    Last edited by CABRIOBOB; 16-11-12, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Thanks for that. How have you fitted them in. The rubbolite ones were in with 3 small screws.

Comment

Originally posted by CABRIOBOB View Post
        See attached pic of Range rover side repeater light used on my Cabrio for side lights. You can get them off ebay for approx £15 per pair. Item number 400335905705
        These are really nice Bob. Much nicer than the standard Rubbolite items supplied by Marlin.

Comment

Hi Jools
          Have a look under side lights on this forum for more info on Range Rover repeaters
          Regards
          Bryan
          Stapley Bryan

Comment

Hi hope this helps, the mounts I made for both Bob and my car are made from 1.2mm Stainless steel turned and polished, then fixed to the wing with 3mm screws. The lights Bob mentions above just clips in.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X