It's in the nude now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's in the nude now!

Well that's it, finally got the last body panel off this afternoon (rear tub). What a variety of nuts bolts & screws I've encountered during the strip down. I think one of the most frustrating aspects is bolts or screws far too long & they are in the most awkward places, consequently I have a case of "spanner rash" (bleeding knuckles).
    All panels will be off to the paint shop before Christmas. Now I can review the brakes & suspension whilst the panels are away.
    After that it's new carpet & re-trimm. New wheels & tyres. With a bit of luck back on the road for early spring.
    Has anyone out there got any ideas on running board strips or protectors & suppliers????
    Cheers Jools.

Re: It's in the nude now!

Jools

Personally I would prep and paint the wings without refitting the running board strips and if at a later date you can always fit them. I have seen a few cars without them fitted and they look quite good and pain to polish between them when fitted.

Comment

I must admit I've thought about leaving as is, just don't want to scuff the paint. Maybe I'll drive it in slippers.

Comment

I agree with Bob fill the old holes and leave off, you can add later but i doubt you will
        See picture

Comment

I agree with Bob fill the old holes and leave off, you can add later but i doubt you will
          See picture
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by CosworthCabrioLee View Post
            See picture
            Must admit it looks nice when shiny.

Comment

Working...
            X