Triumph Front wheel bearing numbers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triumph Front wheel bearing numbers?

I need to order a hub set of Triumph Herald wheel bearings.

I didn't have time to check the bearing numbers before I left home, I need to order them in the morning, looking at my notes I have the numbers:

LM 119 10 @ £7.43

L 446 10 @ £7.52

Can anybody confirm these are the correct bearings for an early disk braked type 12 hub please?

Re: Triumph Front wheel bearing numbers?

Hi Robert,
    The part numbers will depend on the suppliers
    numbers on the bearings also differ depending on the make. sorry cant help
    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

OK Ben, thanks for the info. I either order them from Rimmers or wait till I get home and measure them up properly.

Probably better to order them from Rimmers, just annoying, I should have ordered them when I got the new disks last week. Doh, my memory!

Comment

I took a chance I got the bearings in Lancaster this morning, one of them was wrong!

The outer, smaller bearing was right, LM 11949/11910

The inner, larger bearing should have been, L 44649/44610

They had the correct bearing and will swap it for the wrong one when I call in later in the week. It would have been quicker and cheaper to have got them from Rimmers.

Comment

A bit more info on this. It seems the hubs and stub axles on my Marlin are Triumph Vitesse, not Triumph Herald.

The Triumph Vitesse has larger stub axle and bearing diameters than the Triumph Herald.

I have figured this out because the Triumph Herald 1200 I broke on New Years Day has smaller hub caps than the ones on my Marlin. So I have checked it out in the Triumph data sheets and it's all there. Bearing sizes and shaft diameters.

The Vitesse has stub shaft Diameters of: Inner: 1.0625", outer: 0.750"

Hub Bore of: Inner: 1.980", outer: 1.781"

Timken numbers: Inner: L44649-L44610

Timken numbers: Outer: LM11949-LM11910

The Herald has stub shaft Diameters of: Inner 1.0", outer 0.625"

Hub Bore of: Inner: 2.0", outer: 1.625"

Timken numbers: Inner: 07100S-07210X

Timken numbers: Outer: 03062-03162

Hope this info may be of help to somebody in the future.

Comment

Hi Robert, I would be interested to learn what data sheets you found as I searched high and low to try and find that info.

It would seem that as you have 9inch discs and type 12 calipers which could have come from any of the Heralds/Spitfires on the large stub axle would appear your set up is from a very early Vitesse 1600. I will have to admit I thought your set up was from a four cylinder car.
            Last edited by b_caswell; 03-01-13, 04:28 PM.

Comment

I think Steve has a copy on his Keep and Share facility.

I will eMail it to you, it's a PDF I created from an original Triumph manual I found on-line. The quality isn't stunning but all the data is there inc. free lengths, load/inch and colour marks for all Triumph Herald Vitesse springs front and rear.

It's on it's way.

Comment

Thanks for that, my manuals showed the suspension info but not the hub and stub axle info. The problem with quite a few Triumph parts is they look the same until you put the two next to each other.

Comment

Working...
                X