Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignition

Hi,
    Still cannot decide on cheap (accuspark) or magnetronic luminition for my Marina 1300 based roadster. Any advice gratefully received .
    Thanks,
    Vic

Re: Ignition

Cheapo one.

You can always buy a 2nd pickup unit to keep as a spare in the glove box. Still cheaper than the Lumention.

I have the equivalent of the accuspark (from ebay - same sensor unit) in both the Marlin & the Stag + a spare module.

Comment

Any elecrtonic ignition is better than standard points.
      The budget is £30 or £100.
      Personally pick the one with the easiest installation, then as Neil suggests, keep the old parts in the car, along with the right screwdriver and tools to refit, just in case things go wrong.

The ultimate, of you want performance is to fit a programmable system, either 123 or Megajolt, that allows you to create a 3d ignition map. It's especially useful if you have been tuning the engine in any way, as its ideal timing will be very different from the original standard specification.

Comment

I fitted the Magnetronic when I had the B Series in my car and it was absolutely the best money I ever spent and wished I'd done it years previously.
        Honestly, pack in the booze/don't eat for a bit and go for it ;-)

Comment

Working...
        X