intermittent wipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intermittent wipers

Does anyone have wiring details for the Cortina Mk4/5 right hand Steering Column Switch, I would like to wire up my wipers so they wipe intermittently?

Roger

Re: intermittent wipers

Hi Roger, I have been working on this for a while with my Cortina Mk III switch. I have decided to wire in a NE555 timer and relay with variable speed being accomplished by a knob on the dashboard. The Ford wiring is full of traps and I have been scrutinising it closely. The park ciscuit is the one to use but when parked, the motor is connected to earth (clearly to provide a modicum of braking action to the motor). This line is normally switched to the feed once the motor has been activated by the normal switch. The secret is to wire in the relay to force the parked, earthed, wire to be a feed. This then activates the self park. If the timing is right, the relay will have de-energised before the wipers reach park so that after one sweep they stop. The variable knob will operate the timer from one pulse every ten seconds to almost continuous. I havn'y fitted it yet; just had it working on a bench mock up. If you hear of a small and elegant mushroom cloud in Cornwall then you know that a, I have fitted the contraption and b, it hasn't worked! I'll keep in touch!
    Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Working...
    X