Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stainless Steel Head Light Bars - Stoneleigh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stainless Steel Head Light Bars - Stoneleigh?

Would anyone like a new stainless steel head light bar bringing to Stoneleigh?

Roadster or Berlinetta

Special show price to Marlin members £45.00

Re: Stainless Steel Head Light Bars - Stoneleigh?

Hello Mike, this may sound daft, but how do these bars fit the Roadster, I have a straight flat bar that could do with replacing, but it sits on a protruding molding within each wing ( Mk 2 roadster )
    Regards, Harry.

Comment

Hi Harry

You would need to remove the small GRP moulding that supports the flat type bar, the little moulding was originally screw fixed to the inner wing but if your car has the early GRP inner wing the builder may have bonded the two together. Have a look at it from under the wing for clues. Then the triangle plate on the new one above fits flush to the inner wing with three M6 screws.
      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
        Hello Mike, this may sound daft, but how do these bars fit the Roadster, I have a straight flat bar that could do with replacing, but it sits on a protruding molding within each wing ( Mk 2 roadster )
        Regards, Harry.

Hi Harry

These light bars are designed to bolt to the wing. I have had a member who had exactly the same concern as yourself. Once he understood that this light bar is not a replacement of the flat bar, he quickly found it worked perfectly by bolting to the inner wing. He then fitted some large S/S sink tap hole covers over the holes left in the body work.

I'll see if I can find the previous photos.

Mike
        Last edited by Mike; 18-03-13, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Hi Harry

Do your inner wing/covers look like this?
          If you want your bar to sit where your flat bar is, I can make you a longer light bar which will attach to the inner wing above the GRP pod?

(Photo courtesy of Steve Lilley - large S/S sink tap hole covers over the old holes.

Roadster with Stainless Lightbar.jpg
          Last edited by Mike; 18-03-13, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Head Light Bars - Wiring Suggestion

Harry

Wiring can be made very neat with this head light bar, by taking it into the tube, and then exiting through the triangle, so that none of the wiring needs to be on show.

Head light bar wiring route.jpg

IMG_0230.jpg

Comment

Re: Head Light Bars - Wiring Suggestion

Thanks everyone, Mike I like it, it looks nice and neat, I'll check my wings later on !

Comment

Working...
              X