Sierra based Berly - Cortina wiper mech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sierra based Berly - Cortina wiper mech

Another question , Sierra based Berly, build manual infers a Cortina Wiper mech and eccentric arms, which version of Cortina - Mk 1,2,3,4, or 5 - i assume a later model but are they all the same?

Re: Sierra based Berly - Cortina wiper mech

Hi, I've got Mk III wipers fitted but I have an old spare MkIV motor and I cannot see any difference either in the mechanics or connections..
    Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Hi Tony,
      Yes I think they are the same. However my question is; do you have the wiring details of the wiper switch, or preferably both switches? I have late Cortina switches and I think the innards are the same as Siera although the arms are bent. I have traced through the inner workings with my multi meter and have everything working except for intermittent wipe. Try as I might I cannot find a way to operate the wipers intermittently. Regarding the wiper part of the switch do you know which wire goes to which part of the wiper motor? If not you does any one else know or apart from flicking on/off the switch what is the answer?

Hope you can help. Roger

Comment

Originally posted by RogerJohnson View Post
        Hi Tony,
        Yes I think they are the same. However my question is; do you have the wiring details of the wiper switch, or preferably both switches? I have late Cortina switches and I think the innards are the same as Siera although the arms are bent. I have traced through the inner workings with my multi meter and have everything working except for intermittent wipe. Try as I might I cannot find a way to operate the wipers intermittently. Regarding the wiper part of the switch do you know which wire goes to which part of the wiper motor? If not you does any one else know or apart from flicking on/off the switch what is the answer?

Hope you can help. Roger
        Roger

May be a dumb question, but do you have the right intermittent relay?

Alan Hogg (Dogoncrazy) recently wired one up so he may well know what to do.

Mike

Comment

haven't touched the wiring, my probs have been mechanical, a wheelbox with lots of wear, but as per mike above, a relay problem, postn 9 is brown boxed, and the adjacent is red postn 12(?)
          I am still trying to find my manual or nthe double sized wiring sheets, all to no avail currently!
          Good luck!

Comment

Working...
          X