Tie Down Eye Strap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tie Down Eye Strap

Anyone know where I might get a Tie Down Eye Strap like this from without paying a fortune shipping from the US? I need a couple to attach the webbing for the new folding hood frame; I've searched for ages but you only seem to be able to get round ones in this country for some reason - or is there another name for them?
    Attached Files

Re: Tie Down Eye Strap

Look on the Holdens website, under bonnet straps (page 2)

Comment

try [email protected]. They had some at Exeter kit car show....cheers chris

Comment

These are a marine item used for webbing straps and lifelines on yachts. Have a look a " Force 4 " catalogue online or visit any chandler.

Comment

Thanks all. I've looked at every chandler online and no-one stocks a flat like this one made by SeaDog, apparently only available in the US - they're all round (just looked again at http://www.force4.co.uk/ and I can't see anything like this).

Holden comes in at nearly £13 for two with shipping, which is ridiculous - they're about £3 for two in the US!

Comment

Chris

Not quite £3 for two, but you'll find them at Woolies Trim, £2.35 each in black, or £3.95 each chrome on brass.

Under "Accessories" > "Check Straps" > "Staples"

Fast same day despatch of door seals, rubbers, window channel, weatherstrip, edge trims, sound deadening and lots more. Providing excellent customer service for over 40 years.

Mike
            Last edited by Mike; 07-04-13, 04:37 PM.

Comment

I had a look in my garage and have two as your photo but without recessed holes. I also have two pressed stainless ones that do the same job.

Let me know if that's any use. Probably a better catalogue to look in on line would be Plastimo.

Comment

I'm in France, finistere, and my model club had a pond at a recent boat show in vannes, picked up 2 x marine catalogues, I'll pick 'em up tomorrow and check if you like!

Comment

OK Found the catalogues, each list these items, what width of strap are you using?these thing are for 28mm, 30mm and 50mmwith 4mm diam the 28 the others 5mm -- try and get a copy later, my scanner needs connecting etc!
                  let me know please
                  t

Comment

Hi, I got a pair of 28mm strap holders, just like the photo, at the Exeter Kit Car show from one of the stalls there. Quite a few people were selling them. Mine cost about £4 for the pair.
                    Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

french price 4.90€ each + p&p - I'll await a response before scanning etc!

Comment

Originally posted by tony.stott2 View Post
                        OK Found the catalogues, each list these items, what width of strap are you using?these thing are for 28mm, 30mm and 50mmwith 4mm diam the 28 the others 5mm -- try and get a copy later, my scanner needs connecting etc!
                        let me know please
                        t
                        Thanks. 28mm will do me.

Comment

Hi
                          Got a circular from Retro Classic by Ludlow this am, follow the link, maybe cheaper than france, used this outfit recently to buy headlight units etc to convert to rh dip, veru obliging, and cheaper than Holdens

if still interested in french stuff let me know, now found my scanner disc ,will be loaded later today

salut
                          t

Comment

Just for reference for anyone landing here looking for the same... After much searching I've found these things are also called 'Footman's bridge', 'Strap staples' and most usefully, 'Webbing bridges'. After finding most suppliers want to charge 10x the cost of goods for shipping, eventually got a couple of quite smart looking nylon ones on eBay £2.42 for two & free shipping.

It's all about knowing what the damn things are called that you're looking for!

p.s. thanks for all the suggestions & help.

Comment

Working...
                            X