New home wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New home wanted

Unfinished roadster hybrid, after a long illness the builder has sadly passed away and never saw his dream come true. His widow contacted the club to seek a new home for the kit
    The car is in Stevenston, N.Ayrshire. Scotland.

For more information and pics contact Ben Caswell. Email and phone in your Pit Stop. Or PM me.
    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Re: New home wanted

Hello Ben,Just in case we have a problem with the e mail, best regards Gordon

Comment

Email sent 1750hrs uk

Comment

Just kicking this one up again.....anyone local interested or who could at least go and have a look ?

Would be a great shame if this guys project ended up scrapped, certainly all the panels should be worth saving even if (and I'm only guessing here) the tin worm has got to the chassis
        Attached Files

Comment

I take it this car is still in Stevenston. Might be worth going for a look.
          Last edited by trevor_ford; 12-06-13, 07:45 AM.

Comment

I believe so....if you are interested why not give Ben Caswell a call to talk about it, he has had email contact with the widow of the builder

Comment

Went to see the Triumph based Roadster in Stevenston today. Everything appears to be there for the kit. Lots of work to get it in roadworthy condition as the lock-up it is in has no roof ! Is it possible to get a 1980s kit through IVA ? Very sad to see the car which would have been completed if not for ill health. Anyone interested in a Marlin project. Most body panels, seats, windscreen, lights are brand new. The parts on the car are salvageable, fuel tank has rusted through.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by trevor_ford; 13-06-13, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Many thanks for your trouble, Trevor

Any Takers for this one ?????????????

Comment

Well done Trevor, I wouldn't say its impossible to get an IVA on an old Roadster kit but anyone thinking of having a go would need to do their homework an read the VOSA manual very carefully. With the state of the chassis you would need to go back to the start anyway.

Comment

Any idea how much the seller wants for this project ? It's a long way from me, plus the need for an IVA, means although I'm tempted the price is a deciding factor. I'm after a project that would need modifying to suit needs so this could fit the bill.

Paul H

Comment

Hi Paul have PM you with the email contact let me know how you get on.

Comment

Has anyone got any idea what this project would be worth in its current state ?

Comment

Working...
                        X