• Burli on ebay

Has anyone looked at this little baby?

Item Number

Adrian

Re: Burli on ebay

290925411021 and 190850187723

Comment

Any comments on Ebay 290925411021 with regards to June Pit Stop . did not Danny comments to simular .

Comment

Another Berli on ebay 330936004729

Comment

See next post
          Last edited by b_caswell; 07-06-13, 10:10 PM.
          Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Originally posted by fredsajs View Post
            Any comments on Ebay 290925411021 with regards to June Pit Stop . did not Danny comments to simular .
            I don't understand the bit about it needing a purpose built sub frame. Cant find anything in the IVA manual that would affect this??

Comment

is it really true that Marlin did not use all fixing points on the front subframe, given from Ford? means in the cortina the original ford subframe was fixed on more points as when transfered into the kit?

if this is true the iva tester may have acted correctly. the problem nowadays is that a kit which wasnt supposed to pass an IVA test was differently developed. this does not naturally mean that such an "old" kit cannot be modified to pass the test....but the builder should be aware that certain alterations might be necessary.

cortina subframe looks like this:

Comment

Marlin fabricated their own mounting / fixings which bolted to the bottom main beam part of the subframe. There is no question about how the iva tester acted.

Comment

I may be speaking out of turn here (nothing new!!!). Having just bought a Berlinetta which has the Cortina front subframe, the seller, who is an experienced chassis builder and has put several cars through IVA's, commented while we were discussing the chassis design that the layout used for the Berlinetta of effectively attaching the subframe to the front of the chassis rails would NOT meet current regulations. That would require the supporting crossmember sitting under the chassis rails rather than effectively attached to the front of the chassis, or putting it another way, the chassis sitting on top of the suspension crossmember.

I don't yet have the rolling chassis/body so can't take a look in this context right now but I did notice that this would create complications with ground clearance and probably other issues.

Comment

I talked with two IVA stations some time ago and they told me then that the Cortina sub frane would be a problem. Since then I have advised that best way to ownership is to buy a reg car and do your own thing. They are not to hard to find and it really is the way to go today.

Comment

Another Berli on ebay 221285266779

Comment

Working...
                      X