Wheelbase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheelbase?

Car in France I'm in UK hence question, whats the wheelbase? have an opportunity for a transporter, need to knowwheelbase!

Re: Wheelbase?

108" or 2743mm

Comment

Thanks for that Steve, the bed of the trailer is 126" so think I'm on a winner!!
      cheers
      Tony

Comment

155" overall length

Comment

Hi Tony,
          Be careful The figures Steve has given are for the Cortina based Berly. There is not a lot of difference in the Sierra based car if any, depends on the builder. However from experience I have found that a bed length of 13 ft is ideal, but more important is the bed width. 6ft.
          Danny.

Comment

Thanks danny, off to see it tomorrow with tape etc, but it sounds promising!

Comment

Originally posted by danny.nelson View Post
              Hi Tony,
              Be careful The figures Steve has given are for the Cortina based Berly. There is not a lot of difference in the Sierra based car if any, depends on the builder. However from experience I have found that a bed length of 13 ft is ideal, but more important is the bed width. 6ft.
              Danny.
              Precisely the reason I referenced my source copy of a Marlin Engineering publication. It is up to the individual to check the source, as someone already has from my https://www.keepandshare.com records.

Comment

Steve,
                tried to access but system wanted me to join which I did, but no verification email arrived. Left sort of in limbo!
                Lifes a bitch at times!

Comment

PM sent. Many others have had no problems.

Comment

Problem solved. Tony found important email in his Spam box.

Comment

Steve

It isn't as easy to get onto keepandshare as you make out.

Not everybody has access so when you tell people that it is in keepandshare let them know that they will have to register first and then you will have to allow them to see it.

Adrian

Comment

Keepandshare access issues.

With respect Adrian, you know that I have created header pages on Keepandshare that are free to access, and explain that registration is required. Tony would have been aware of this requirement as he had already viewed one of the header pages. I also know that you have accessed one of the header pages, so I wonder why there is any difficulty!

For those that wonder why they have to register, it is because I have shared some documents that are private, and others that are of no direct value to Marlin owners. Registration allows me to give access to these 'private' areas to specific people, not related to any of my Marlin activities. It also allows me to contact specific groups of people when I make an update or add a document that may be of relevance to them.

I have published this information in several different locations on the Marlin Owners Club Website at different times, this is another.
                        This latest issue occurred because Tony's spam filter settings were set to divert mail from Keepandshare to his spam box, something I have no control over, and the issue was resolved quite quickly, once I was aware there was a problem. From your own experience, you know that once you have registered with Keepandshare, as soon as I can identify you as an interested party, by telling me the username you used to register, I respond generally within 12 hours.

The items I have shared are there because of my own work in collating and uploading the documents, at my own personal expense. I make them available free of charge.

Many have found the documents of value, and have viewed multiple documents. I presume that you are one of those as you have viewed several documents yourself since you registered.

I am at a loss as to why any of this should appear difficult to anyone who has manage to log into the Marlin Owners Club forum, The process is remarkably similar.

Comment

Re: Keepandshare access issues.

We have a Marlin Owners web site. Why not just post Marlin stuff here? It seems a shame that we send peeps away from our brand and type specific web site to find the information, build tips and photographs on separate sites elswhere, where we need to register and then log in/out. I'm not advocating people posting private stuff on the MArlin web site but if you have some useful information that you are happy to share then show it here. Much less darting about when time is short! Just a thought really!
                          Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Basic data sheets, outlining things like wheelbase, track, overall dimensions, weights etc. have never been published as a single document, on the Marlin Owners Club website. I agree that it would be sensible if each and every model had their own data sheets, readily available to members and non-members alike.

In this thread, a question was asked, and an answer given, complete with a location of the reference document used. The fact that it can be read, remote from the MOC website, is a lot better than it being personal knowledge, or a piece of paper in a file.

Comment

Give me personal Knowledge gained by hands on experience anytime. There is a wealth of it in this club available for the asking.

Comment

Working...
                              X