Is That a Caterham?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is That a Caterham?...

...was the question I heard a lady ask her friend as I slowly drove past in the nice little village of Ditchling last Sunday. It was so tempting to shout back "No it's not a ****ing Caterham - I have a little more taste and imagination"!

There was a time when you'd see a variety of kits on the road, now it's just 7 after 7...

Re: Is That a Caterham?...

Don't you just love 'em !

On the Suffolk Run recently we had 12 cars running through Southwold, hoods down on a lovely sunny Sunday, and I heard "They're only kit cars"

Rather than take it as a derogatory comment I decided he was only jealous.................

Rgds DC

Comment

Well the orator would be correct, if there were no ordinary cars in the assembly there would only be kit cars... Extraordinary!

I prefer the term 'Specials'. Very few 'Kit Cars' are standard, they are usually a starting point for the owners dreams and ambitions, which are special.
      Last edited by Robert in Cumbria; 12-07-13, 10:55 AM.

Comment

last sunday i was on our local monthly sunday morning meeting...mainly for historic cars, also from time to time some Lotus Seven or their derivates pop-up : when i sat in my car, for driving home, some people standing nearby asked me "is this a caterham"

"NO, THIS IS a Marlin" you could see in their faces that they never ever heard in their life about that Make.

Comment

I often get "I like your Morgan". I reply "thanks, it's actually a Marlin but if it was a Morgan it would be worth ten times as much."
          Franklin, Leicester

Comment

Working...
          X