Marina gear lever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marina gear lever

Has anybody got a surplus original 1275cc Marina gear lever I can have? I've never been happy with the shape of mine and I would like to make a new one.
    Franklin, Leicester

Re: Marina gear lever

Franklin

Its your lucky day I have an original that has never been cut or bent.

PM me with your details and you can have it for the cost of postage.

Adrian

Comment

Adrian, you're a gent. Franklin Woodcock, 23 Home Close Rd, Houghton on the Hill, Leics, LE7 9GT. Thanks very much!. 0116 2418183.
      Franklin, Leicester

Comment

AFAIK there are two versions. If you end up with two different ones a photo of each might be useful for others.

Comment

You can still have this one anyway, hopefully it will be the correct one.

Adrian

Comment

Hi Franklin I have just been in the Garage to find that the Gear Lever I was going to post to you has gone. I cant find it but I do have another as per picture.

I am sorry but if this one will fit your needs you are still ok to have it for the cost of postage.

Adrian
            001.jpg

Comment

That looks about right to me Adrian. Steve, I know there were 3 types of box - early, late and o/d but I was told they all had the same lever - I hope so.
              Franklin, Leicester

Comment

The Marina was never fitted with OD as standard. That was a Triumph option that never made it into the BL market.
                But there are quite a few Marlins fitted with what are best described as hybrid gearboxes with OD, a subject discussed in detail in some of the early Pistops.

Comment

Working...
                X