Door Speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door Speakers

When going at motorway speeds I cannot hear my radio, what door speakers do people use please? Thanks Roger

Re: Door Speakers

Couldn't resist it.

DAMN BIG ONES

Comment

How the hell do you get a Marlin to do motorway speeds?
      Let me know your secret!

Comment

I use to regularly but I can't hear a thing now - PARDON

Comment

Seriously, I wouldn't put the speakers in the door, best in the back somewhere. Again, seriously, you will need some that have a fair wattage output as well as having a decent Head Unit to push them.

Adrian

Comment

My Marlin Roadster is so noisy I'd need to fit my Marantz hifi in it to stand any chance of hearing anything !
            Harry.

Comment

When I am on the motorway it is pretty windy at that speed (Roadster Mark I, Triumph Vitesse) and I don't think I would get a good clear sound despite some serious wattage. Are there legal issues with wearing headphones? I know sometimes you can feel a bit disconnected to driving I tend to just happily listen to my exhaust. Have thought about a stereo every now and again.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlindan1965 View Post
                .............I know sometimes you can feel a bit disconnected to driving I tend to just happily listen to my exhaust. Have thought about a stereo every now and again.
                .......is that twin exhausts?!

Comment

Yes twin exhaust!

Comment

Some MX5's have the speakers in the seat headrests. I think something similar either side of both seats could be worth considering.
                    This is one persons interpretation -

Paul H
                    Last edited by CompoSimmonite; 21-01-14, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Hi Paul

Unfortunately I think you will find that it is illegal to drive with headphones, even if they are the mini ones.

Looking at the interpretation I still think you wouldn't hear much.

Its the shape of the slab windscreen that causes the problem.

That said there are a few with sound systems but normally only used around town or in traffic on the M25.

Comment

Headphone have been debated many times on other forums.
                        No where in law does it say it's illegal to use them and is regarded as another urban myth which people believe to be true.
                        It's all down to the opinion of a Police officer whether they contributed to an offence such as Careless Driving or an accident etc by being a distraction.
                        Google headphones driving law uk to see the various debates which all come to the same conclusion - not illegal but frowned upon.
                        No different than an inconsiderate person who has a high powered stereo turned up full so they can't hear anything else other than the music, a deaf person or a motorcyclist with earplugs to stop wind noise.

Paul H
                        Last edited by CompoSimmonite; 21-01-14, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Hi Paul Thanks for that these urban myths get everywhere. Just to be sure I am talking from the roadster point of view. Maybe with your hardtop up it may well be ok. I would still put the speakers in the back somewhere as the doors, unless thick, tend to produce a tiny sound.

Comment

My old Renault Savanna had a large single speaker in centre of car which had input from both channels of stereo, together with a small circuit board, and then small speakers in corners of dash as standard fitment. Maybe something similar in the back of a Roadster could work ?

The Kia Stinger concept has no stereo so you can enjoy the sound of the engine

Paul H
                            Last edited by CompoSimmonite; 21-01-14, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X