Marlin P441 HRR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlin P441 HRR

This afternoon I was delivering magazines in Aller, Nr Langport and a Metallic Red Marlin passed me and then had to wait in traffic. I recognised the car as we met at Andrew's barbecue at Uppottery, and then later at the Barley Mow cafe on our way to the Exeter Kit Car Show two years ago. I am sorry I do not remember the owner's name but remember he had just bought the car from Danny Nelson and was going to France a few days later. If you are the owner, if passing through Aller again, please let me know. I would love to meet up and have a chat. David.

Re: Marlin P441 HRR

Hi David
    Good memory and well spotted, I was passing through on a run after picking up some woodturning supplies in Martock and on route to Bridgwater for a family visit
    Where were you hiding?
    I knew you lived in the Lanport area somewhere
    Ah just reread your post, I recall seeing two guys chatting over a gate with a pile of papers on the gate pillar after getting held up by the school bus, that must have been you?
    appologies for not recognising you
    Do you live in Aller?
    I actually got engaged in the Old Pound pub there many moons ago
    A nice brisk afternoon for a run
    Regards
    Bryan
    Stapley Bryan

Comment

Hello Bryan,
      Yes that was me, I only live 5 houses from where you saw me. I was delivering one of the local freebie magazines.
      If you are this way again please let us know. I have been going to Yandles for the past 25 years, we used to come from Kent for their Spring and Autumn Shows. Last Saturday Judy and I were supposed to be going with my local club for a run, cancelled owing to forecast, we still went on the route, Aller-Taunton -Wiveliscombe-Bampton-Wheddon Cross-Dunster-Blue Anchor for Brunch. Cold on our faces but only a tiny amount of drizzle, sunshine most of the way and lovely scenery. If you want to take the Old Pound to court, hurry, because it is changing hands!!!!!!! Kind regards, David.

Comment

Hi David
        After 31 years probably not much of a case left to argue!!!
        Nice run up through the Exe Valley is'nt it? I get to do that route quite a lot during work but not half as enjoyable as in the Marlin eh
        That was my first run out since getting back from Spain it was nice to have a dry one, if not exactly warm!!
        Cheers

Bryan
        Stapley Bryan

Comment

Working...
        X