Fitting door check staps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting door check staps

I have just bought a pair of door check straps from Marlin and I wondered if anyone can supply details /photograph of how they are attached (I have a YKC Roadster) Hopefully I can look forward to protecting my wings when I complete their new coating.

Re: Fitting door check staps

Mine used to be screwed into a piece of wood glued inside the door hollow and other end screwed into the chassis. I took mine off and couldn't be bothered to refit them so now protect my wings by keeping the doors locked shut!

Comment

Re: Fitting door check staps

Originally posted by keithh View Post
      I have just bought a pair of door check straps from Marlin and I wondered if anyone can supply details /photograph of how they are attached (I have a YKC Roadster) Hopefully I can look forward to protecting my wings when I complete their new coating.
      Hi Keith

Danny Nelson passed me what I thought was a useful tip.
      Instead of fixing one end of the check strap to the inside footwell using a C bracket,

981.jpg

allow the check strap to slide through the C bracket by fitting it over the centre section of the check strap, and use a bolt in the footwell end of the check strap to stop it pulling through the C bracket.

The benefit is that the check strap does not fold in a big U when you shut the door, and keep pressing against your leg whilst driving.

By allowing the check strap to slide through the C bracket it sits nicely along side the footwell when the door is closed.

Difficult to explain, but try it! Struck me as a good solution.

Comment

Working...
      X