Ebay???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay???

I am an EBAY virgin, I have sold two items but bought nothing; I am looking at a Berli on EBAY which says and I quote " the seller assumes all responsibility for this listing"

What on earth does this means, Is it a load of rubbish? Seller beware??????????? Only 2 days left for the auction, please help????

Ta. Roger

Re: Eaby???

Which Item???
    If its http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MARLIN-BER...item4d16ce013f its only suitable for spares.

If it is not Registered, it will not pass an IVA and will simply become a garden ornament. Do a search on this forum.

But to answer the question.
    Its a pretty standard eBay statement. Primarily it absolves eBay of any responsibility for the description in the event that the item, when sold, does not meet the item description.
    But then you are not going to buy this unless you need spares!

Comment

yes - this will end up as spares only though interestingly the price is quite good already for something that can never be put on the road (never say never?) What price would other members put on a car like this? In my opinion, unless you have another which needs a complete rebuild too it has already passed its value. Im guessing that it will be parted out - so by the time its been collected, broken, packaged etc there is no money in it now. What do others think?

Comment

Originally posted by cameronfurnival View Post
        yes - this will end up as spares only though interestingly the price is quite good already for something that can never be put on the road (never say never?) What price would other members put on a car like this? In my opinion, unless you have another which needs a complete rebuild too it has already passed its value. Im guessing that it will be parted out - so by the time its been collected, broken, packaged etc there is no money in it now. What do others think?

Not completely relevant, but I always remember Quentin Wilson very rightly saying something along the lines of "rough people drive rough cars", and so if the advertiser of any car hasn't got a basic grasp of English, and can't spell, I steer clear. There'll always be another one...

Comment

Working...
        X