Alternative wings ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative wings ?

Getting in and out of any Marlin over the running boards would probably be difficult for me so even before I find a car I accept it would probably need some modifications.
    Cycle wings as the Sportster would be one option but I've just had another idea
    Looking on You Tube videos of Roadsters in trials I noticed the Dellow had clamshell wings similar to Caterham.
    Has anyone ever fitted, or even "dry tried", Seven clamshells to a Roadster ?

Paul H

Re: Alternative wings ?

If you do a search "cycle wings" you will find a number of threads and photo's of cars with cycle wings.
    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

I have to say that the Marina suspension with its torsion bar and high top swivel is nowhere near as aesthetically appealing as the compact Triumph coil springs.

Comment

I've found pics of cycle wings but am interested in possibility of "clamshell wings" on a roadster.
        This style -
        Attached Files
        Last edited by CompoSimmonite; 04-01-14, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Another view of clamshells wings -
          Attached Files

Comment

Today picked up a pair of genuine Caterham clam Shell wings (cost me just £20 :-) ).
            Back home quickly tried one for size and just about right for the bonnet length / angle but too narrow to cover wheel. All is not lost as they are wafer thin so needed another couple of fibreglass layers anyway so easy to cut down the middle and add extra material to widen.

Paul H

Comment

Working...
            X