• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowering blocks

For information at this stage -
    I have heard back from Peter Beadle at ARB:

Re Marina Van Axles

7cwt van used a triumph based axle with 2 piece 1/2shafts
    with an outer drive flange (with the 4 wheel studs) being held on by a 5/8”unf HT nyloc nut

The Heavy Duty 10cwt van used a derivative of the A60 or B series Banjo Axle
    these HD axles had forged solid flanged one piece 1/2 Shafts
    I believe the 1” lowering kit for this B series BANJO Axle(Fits MGB Roadster up to 1966) is sold by Moss Europe

Their Part No for the kit is TMG30720 see
    http://www.moss-europe.co.uk/Shop/Vi...ateIndexID=413

The U bolts in the above kit are 7.1/2”long x 2.3/4” centre to centre.(1.1/4” of full thread)

They may be slightly longer than required as they mount a bump stop pedestal &
    pass over a 6 leaf spring where as Marinas normally have fewer leaves
    The Moss Group has currently 3 sets in stock

1 set each in the following Branches
    London,
    Bradford,

& Manchester

I have looked on the Moss site, the blocks are £49.96 per pair whilst the U bolts are £9.50.
    Brian

Learning more about:
    June '73 Marina based Mk2 Roadster
    1800 TC; 4 speed gearbox; 4.55:1 differential with 4.5pcd (the rare one!)

Another interest -www.somersetschoolsathletics.org.uk
    And another - 'Tractor Doctors' skittle team

Comment

That clarifies things a bit, but only useful when you know the age of the donor vehicle or axle itself and when the cut off happened, I suspect it might have been for the 1975 Facelift models but again my parts books might reveal something when I get back to them.
      To my knowledge there are no markings on the axle itself, so there is no way of accurately measuring, apart from with an inclinometer.

Thanks Hugh

Comment

Skittler:
        Peter from ARB seemed to know his onions when I spoke to him.
        Thats a reasonable price for the ubolts, not much different from back in '09

But that only gives you one inch, the standard Marlin blocks looked thicker but if it meets the requirements of an old Van axle, its a good starting point..

Comment

Measuring my lowering blocks on my standard car marina axle the block is 44mm at the frount and 39mm at the back hope that helps if you need any more measurements let me know as the back of my car is on axle stands at the moment.
          Angus

Comment

Working...
          X