Hazard warning and rear fog light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hazard warning and rear fog light

Hi all, I am new to the club. I am restoring a Marlin Roadster ,date of first registration 1/04/1980, registered as a marlin roadster. I have to re-wire the car, make a new dash etc, do I have to fit hazard warning lights and/or rear fog lights. Many thanks

Re: Hazard warning and rear fog light

Hi and welcome to the MOC club.........An interesting date(1/04/80) as that is the day that your car needed a rear fog light.............. however the hazard flashers were not made compulsory until 1/04/86 not sure why April fools day was chosen on both occasions............. As you are rewiring the car I would recommend installing hazards as a Marlin parked on the hard shoulder is not the easiest thing to see. If you study a wiring diagram of a later Triumph or Marina you will see its quite simple circuits. If your stuck get in touch and I will try to help. Ben.
    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

many thanks for the information, only just realised it was April fools day! Neil

Comment

I would seriously consider using one of the modular looms like
        Mounting plate dimensions: 145mm (5¼") x 145mm (5 ¾") Height 75mm (3").

Marina Saloon diagrams here.
        It takes a moment or two to get your head around how the hazard system works.

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6170/6149127543_e8d0e8c401_o_d.jpg

Comment

Working...
        X