Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floor plywood

Hopefully a simple question

Is the floor plywood the same in a Marina based no matter what engine ?

Thanks.

Paul H

Re: Floor plywood

Hi Paul

They are mainly Plywood, some have checker plate, some have lowered floors (which was an option). If you are talking of size and fit, that would depend on the engine. The 1.3 and 1.8 floors are the same shape for the SWB but for the LWB they would be 6" longer.

If another engine/gearbox is fitted then I would suspect that the shape would be different.

What is your car?

Adrian

Comment

Since the 1.3 and 1.8 gearboxes are externally dimensionally similar, then mostly yes, apart from the LWB/SWB variation but..
      When Dolomite gearboxes with overdrive are fitted, the transmission tunnel needs some modification and this will impact on the floor. Some have also been modified to narrow the transmission tunnel to fit slightly wider seats. Equally, some cars have been fitted with metal floors, often to deliberately lower the seating position, some have extended as far as the footwell, depending on individual taste.

At the end of the day it's only a piece of Marine ply bolted and sealed in position, with a few holes for seat mounting.

Comment

Thanks.

I've yet to have the "new toy" sitting in the drive - looking forward to Saturday That means not as easy for me to quickly nip outside and check things but I'm impatient hence the questions.

Do the floors fit on top of the flange welded to chassis rails (as I assume) or underneath ? Are they one piece each side ? Are the sides mirror image ?

I need the standard seat height for ease of access so won't be dropping the floor pan and hopefully will have enough headroom (I'm 5'9") with hood up. I'm used to looking at the top rail of windscreen in Land Rovers so expect the same in a Marlin !

Paul H

Comment

All things being equal, and the new toy conforms to standard, then you assume correctly. I think, looking at the top rail is the default condition for many of us.

Comment

The floors sit on top of the flanges and are one piece either side.

Mirror image? that depends on how the speedo cable is routed, it may have a slit cut in it to feed this through as it is a tight fit.

Originally posted by CompoSimmonite View Post
            Thanks.

I've yet to have the "new toy" sitting in the drive - looking forward to Saturday That means not as easy for me to quickly nip outside and check things but I'm impatient hence the questions.

Do the floors fit on top of the flange welded to chassis rails (as I assume) or underneath ? Are they one piece each side ? Are the sides mirror image ?

I need the standard seat height for ease of access so won't be dropping the floor pan and hopefully will have enough headroom (I'm 5'9") with hood up. I'm used to looking at the top rail of windscreen in Land Rovers so expect the same in a Marlin !

Paul H

Comment

Originally posted by listerjp2 View Post
              The floors sit on top of the flanges and are one piece either side.

Mirror image? that depends on how the speedo cable is routed, it may have a slit cut in it to feed this through as it is a tight fit.
              Thanks.

Brother in law is foreman for a hardwood window manufacturing company so can get me marine ply at fraction of normal retail cost as they are the importers who supply to other companies so might as well use the equipment there to cut them as well My house flat roof is done with best quality mahogany marine ply that would cost £100 a sheet but cost me £20 a sheet (cash in hand to company owner !)

Paul h

Comment

Working...
              X