Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many splines on torsion bars to match no lowering blocks on rear ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many splines on torsion bars to match no lowering blocks on rear ?

To ease access and better ground clearance I intend removing the lowering blocks from the rear of my Marina based. How many splines do the front torsion bars need turning to match the new difference in the rear ?

Thanks.

Paul H
    Ill in bed all day yesterday (unfortunately quite normal for me) so itching to play today but wet and more rain forecast ! Really should shuffle cars around so the Marlin is in the carport (garage already full of "treasures")

Re: How many splines on torsion bars to match no lowering blocks on rear ?

I think you might have to do less work, depending on the original build, and simply get away with adjusting the reaction lever arm at the footwell end. Unfortunately I don't have a specific number of splines/inch of ride height, there is none in the workshop manuals, but then they are aiming for 'standard' height.
    If you do go as far as pulling the half shafts I would seriously consider changing the eyebolt bush, with Superflex ones.

Comment

Originally posted by stevejgreen View Post
      I think you might have to do less work, depending on the original build, and simply get away with adjusting the reaction lever arm at the footwell end. Unfortunately I don't have a specific number of splines/inch of ride height, there is none in the workshop manuals, but then they are aiming for 'standard' height.
      If you do go as far as pulling the half shafts I would seriously consider changing the eyebolt bush, with Superflex ones.
      Due to problem sourcing new uprights I intend treating them carefully. That means before it goes on the road stripping front suspension down so good suggestion to use Superflex bushes at the same time. Looking at pictures of trials cars they often seem to have the lower arm at quite an angle so assume they also opt for axle under springs to raise chassis even further.

Paul H

Comment

Hi Paul

Try PM'ing Andrew Brown, he is our trials rep and the font of all knowledge re this subject.

Comment

1 spline = about 40mm if that helps, that would be about right to match up with the lowering blocks gone at the back.

Comment

Working...
          X