Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stainless steel windsrceen covers and wire wheels

Two questions:-

1) I think that I have seen Roadsters with a stainless steel cover over the windscreen frame. Where do you get them from ?
    2) What is the best way (cheapest) way of putting wire wheels (14”) on a Marina based Roadster ?

Re: Stainless steel windsrceen covers and wire wheels

Hiya

I know our ex chairman had a stainless cover made especially. I can contact him if you wish.

Hopefully someone else can help with the wire wheels.

Adrian
    Last edited by listerjp2; 06-03-14, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Bolt on wire wheels, without the complication of adaptors, but not the same look, will cost more than £250+ a corner + tyres, new.
      Have a look through http://www.mwsint.com/ for a guide but they have nothing for a Marina but some Triumph use the same PCD.
      Worth checking the offset that might be changed as the standard Marina is 1/2".

Cheaper options from the Triumph stable may be possible like http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triumph-wi...item4ad1154fc9

The issue you may have is that second hand rims may have excessive runout and need re-chroming, wire wheel refurbishers are becoming rare, I found one in a village, Cowfold, in Sussex but he was mostly doing classic Motorcycle wheels two plus years ago.

Comment

I have bought a set of MG Midget Wires from fleebay which fit nicely but the adapters for the Marina hubs are special order none of the MG ones fit (I have tried) they have to be machined especially for the hubs. MGB Hive will get them for you but they will cost a bit! If memory serves about £65 each which is why I still haven't fitted mine.
        By the way if you find the screen surround please let me know I would love one.

Mark.

Comment

Working...
        X