Rear axle angle wedge ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear axle angle wedge ?

Seeing it is nice today I decided to check whether my Marina based Roadster can simply have the lowering blocks removed and shorter U bolts used (to raise body height) or if I will need the small angle wedges as well. After jacking up the car there is no way I can easily see whether the wedges would be needed or not.
    Anyone know of a way of determining is my axle is the type that requires the wedges or the type that the springe saddles are already at the correct angle ?

Thanks.

Paul H

Re: Rear axle angle wedge ?

I may be wrong but I think all the Marina based vehicles had the lowering blocks.

Best to see if the Trials guys just remove them to get the extra height.

Can anyone help Paul.

Adrian

Comment

Re: Rear axle angle wedge ?

Some Marinas had slim wedges, some didn't. Without knowing the donor vehicle it's impossible to tell. I suspect that it may be to do with the curve of the leaf springs as several different load ratings were used on different models, but to my knowledge all the Marina Axle casings were the same, with the leaf pads welded at 90deg to the diff flange.
      I think its a question of trial and error but with the Marlin thick wedges gone, the angle of the prop will be much steeper so more prone to lock up on the UJ's.

Comment

Working...
      X