Bouncing an alternative top idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bouncing an alternative top idea

I'm thinking that what I'd call a Coupe de Ville style top could be ideal for a Marlin. Maybe something along the lines of the Surrey Top found on old TR's.
    Basically a solid rear section, say, to where the rear part of the original hood frame is at present. Such a solid section would be removable. The gap from the solid section to the top of the windscreen frame could be either a simply fabricated hood or a solid piece. With a solid piece it could be made so extra headroom.
    The thought behind it is as follows -
    The option of removable section would allow open air driving yet could quickly be covered in rain / parking. A sold section could possibly store behind the seats. A vinyl section would take up less room in the boot area. No hood sticks needed and extra headroom could be incorporated. Easy storage of the two part hardtop if removed completely compared to a full hardtop like a Berlinetta. Rear section might help stop wind from rear. Rear section could be fibreglass and covered with vinyl.
    Just an idea but what do people think ?

Paul h

Re: Bouncing an alternative top idea

I like the idea. May look quite good. Have you tried drawing anything on paper to see what it would look like?
    Gareth.

Comment

Re: Bouncing an alternative top idea

I have been thinking of something along the lines of the TVR hood with removable roof sections, see link: http://www.tvrsseries.com/rearhoodse...eplacement.pdf

Comment

Working...
      X