Parts ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parts ideas

I was hoping this weekend to progress a tad further but I cannot get into the 'Member Only' section (paid my subs last weekend) so I can read through some of the literature. Still a bit in the dark about some of the bits I need to work on.

Comment

Originally posted by AppliedThought View Post
      I was hoping this weekend to progress a tad further but I cannot get into the 'Member Only' section (paid my subs last weekend) so I can read through some of the literature. Still a bit in the dark about some of the bits I need to work on.
      It should be instantaneous, i.e. if some sort of payment system was linked to membership and the forum, without the need for someone to manually verify money has been paid (when they have time obviously), then contact whoever allows access to the members forum, then they add the new person, again when they're in a position to do so.

It's not good enough as it is, and what is most annoying is there is absolutely no reason for it to be this way, just about every other club/forum is able to do it. A new MOC member frustrated within the week is not good.

Comment

I have been told that both the P word and a link between payment and forum access is being worked on.
        That should have a two side advantage, fewer incidents like this and less work (although different) for the MemSec.
        Any process that relies on human intervention is likely to be slower.
        Anything that improves the initial experience of a potential or new member, must be a good idea, for the future of the MOC.

Comment

I did receive my membership certificate promptly this week and had hoped access to the members only would also be this week.

Fingers crossed it won't be much longer.

Comment

You should be up and running by now. With the number of Herald and Vitesse cars being chopped about for Samio's I would think you could find a wiper system on flea bay.
            Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Work has been keeping me rather busy but I am sourcing a wiper system. I met a local Marlin owner last night and am hoping to pop round and see their car for a few more ideas.

Comment

Due to a previous owner changing the carb to a downdraft, I'm left with an aluminium panel screwed to the offside. I'm thinking of replacing the now ugly panel with a louvred piece. Does anyone know a 'cheap' source? So far I've been quoted around £50 for two 48x13cm panels.

I'm im also looking at a new roof and saw a thread where a price of £250 was quoted but no news after that.

My shopping list is ever increasing and I still haven't looked into a re spray cost.

Comment

Try contacting http://www.coollouvres.co.uk/

Comment

Hi,

thanks for the link.

Comment

Working...
                    X