Lamp Bracket Failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lamp Bracket Failure

The weld on one of the headlamp brackets of our Cabrio has fatigued allowing the lamp unit to tip slightly forwards.
    The lug is only welded along it’s top surface and hence with limited strength in a vertical direction would appear to have succumbed to vibrational stress – the repair will feature additional triangular side pieces as further support!
    A timely check before the summer driving season should hopefully avoid the possibility of subsequent bodywork damage.
    John

Re: Lamp Bracket Failure

I know of at least one other Cabrio owner who had exactly the same problem quite recently so it does look like a potential design/manufacturing fault and, as John suggests, worth checking.
    Geoff

Comment

Checked as many as I could on seven cars, and one not fitted light bar still in protective wrapping, all supplied by Marlin. All light fitting tags fully welded top. bottom, and sides. So you may have a (rogue) bar or maybe even one that has been made made by the builder or from another source.
      Danny.

Comment

My Hunter has welds top and bottom of the brackets. Peter.

Comment

Thanks Gents!
          Hopefully it rather sounds as if the bar on our Hunter is a "rogue" in it's manufacture as you suggest, Danny.

Comment

Working...
          X