Cabrio seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabrio seats

Well I made it to the Derbyshire meet on Saturday ,what a great turn out but I arrived late and missed Lunch.
    I had a good run over and am now happy with the handling of the car with the new adjustable shockers.
    The rear ride height is still a bit OTT but nothing I can do about it at the moment.
    So I now need to turn my attention to the seats ,standard leather high back Marlin ,good quality but a little too soft and set too high for my liking.Before I replace them with Cobra Cub or similar I thought I would have a go at lowering them.
    The tilt mechanism is the only way I can see to achieve this as the back rest lever allows it to fall forward then I can't see any reason to have it .
    If I can find away to remove it and replace the sliders to the base that should give me about an inch and a quarter.
    I'm going to experiment with the passenger seat first.
    Has anyone modified the Marlin seats?

Peter.

Re: Cabrio seats

Finally got round to removing my seats .I used a Dremal to grind off the weld on the tilting mechanism then had the slide runners welded back on . Refitted foam cushion and leather, trial fitted and I think much better and the seat is now fixed firm with no wobble.
    Some one had made a very poor job of fitting the drivers seat to the floor ,the holes were too big and the ply had been cut away the seat hight had been raised buy nuts and longer bolts how they hadn't gone through the floor I don't know.
    So re drilled and fitted two inches further back with large reinforcing washers both sides.So seats are now lower and more driver leg room.
    Im going to test drive tonight about 30 miles so should have a good idea if all the effort has been worth it.The seats are such good quality it would be a shame to replace them.

Also had A shorter sport gear lever quick shift fitted today and the difference is amazing no free play at all.
    so looking forward to a nice run out .
    Peter.
    Last edited by Motormouse_67; 10-07-14, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Re: Cabrio seats

Great run out super weather and the seats are so much better,still could do with a little more leg room but on the whole much more secure and I now feel more in contact with the car .
      The Quaife quick shift has transformed the gear change ,so precise and positive I'm not sure if I've changed gear at times.
      On the way home it was dark so had my first use of the Head lights !!!! Dip beam was very poor changed to main and AHHHH no lights at all ,on an unlit road not not recommended.
      Drove home on dip and parked it in the garage .Next day had a fiddle and found the the Fiesta/Sierra dip switch has an intermittent fault.

The rad fan runs for quite some time after a run and the temp gauge reads at a constant 100 Degs. It also seems to be running in the wrong direction blowing air forwards through the rad !! so that may be part of the problem..
      Hay ho more jobs.
      Peter.
      Last edited by Motormouse_67; 15-07-14, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X