Hood and metal frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hood and metal frame

Can anyone advise me as to whether the hood should be fixed to the metal tubular frame in some way? When I try to put the hood up on the Marlin, the metal frame simply collapses and doesn't provide any support to the actual hood. If any one has any pictures they could share it would be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Hood and metal frame

Looking at the pic of your car, that's a non standard folding hood frame.
    The standard one consists of two simple interlocking hoops, one locating in two holes in the cockpit rim, with nothing fixing the hood to the frame, only a cant rail over the screen roll bar, and lift the dot fasteners at the rear.

Comment

Looks like the early design Peter Hare made if I can upload the drawing
      Attached Files
      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Note the two webbing straps that stop the frame flopping forward..(fig 4)
        Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Thanks for the information. The diagram helps a lot. The webbing straps are already there but I thought they were to stop the frame rattling about when the hood was down. Hopefully I'll be able to venture further than a couple of miles from home now, safe in the knowledge that I can put the hood up if necessary.....although I'll probably get drenched in the process.

Comment

Working...
          X