Slave Cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Slave Cylinder

Quote........."It was this type of intelligent thinking that got the Apollo 13 astronauts back home safely, so don't be too precious about your Roadster and what is, and is not, good enough for it!"..........When the American astronauts met the Russians they bragged about the technology that invented the biro that would work in space!! The Russians replied we just used a pencil !!
    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Apollo 13 launched in April 1970, the Marina launched in April 1971.
      Things have moved beyond duct tape and string since then.
      The present should move forward with the knowledge learned from the past, whilst embracing the new technologies that the future will bring.

Comment

Originally posted by stevejgreen View Post
        Apollo 13 launched in April 1970, the Marina launched in April 1971.
        Things have moved beyond duct tape and string since then.
        The present should move forward with the knowledge learned from the past, whilst embracing the new technologies that the future will bring.
        This is pious twaddle!

It was creative thinking that got the Apollo 13 astronauts home - and that creativity applies equally today. Guys running kit cars on a budget are well served by their creativity ...........spending money on fancy branded products that don't even go on the car when precisely the same function can be achieved by a vacuum cleaner, a jar and a piece of tape simply does not make sense to someone with an ounce of creativity and a need to hold on to their hard earned cash.

Don't knock it.

Comment

^ +1

Comment

A solution that works is a solution...end of.
            Quite often specific tools are recommended by Mr Haynes for tasks but they are beyond the economic reach of the average hobbyist...the effect of most can usually be replicated by other means.
            This is simply an extension of that same creativity...

As an aside, am I the only one the finds the conflation of Apollo & Marina in the same thread somewhat amusing
            Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
            Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

the Russians use of pencils is a myth...the graphite would have flown around the spacecraft and got into the circuitry.

Comment

I love this! I can almost hear the " He started it! " from here, lol.
                Anyway, if anyone in the Northwest is interested, there's a nice little classic car meeting run by Wirral Classic Car club on Sunday at Goredale Garden Center on the Wirral.
                I'll be there in the Apollo Roadster, sorry, Marlin Roadster, and the weather looks good!
                All the best
                Gareth.

Comment

peter Gabriel sang about life/games without frontiers I think!!

Comment

Its a knock out !!!
                    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Working...
                    X