LWB v SWB what is the difference ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LWB v SWB what is the difference ??

Just a simple question, where is the extra length in the LWB compared to the standard one >>>

are the Bonnet and Engine side panels all the same or longer on the LWB>>>

thanks all !!

Re: LWB v SWB what is the difference ??

You can easily tell a lwb by the additional chunk of wing. You can see it here on the running board. I'm sure someone will pop in with a more detailed description.

lwb.jpg

Comment

As far as I know the extra length is in the body so there is more room behind the seats and leg room. I thought the front was unchanged. However I expect someone will clarify. Having had both swb & lwb roadsters, preferred the lwb.

Comment

Did all the LWB ones have that extra piece fitted or did they eventually make longer wings ???

Comment

At later dates you could get longer wings which avoided the need for the extension panels (I'm currently fitting a pair to my lwb).

As above the extra 6" was put in between the screen pillars and rear of the door.

As far as I know the only external panels that differed were the wings and the doors, all other externals remained the same (obviously the floor panels and transmission tunnel were longer).

The lwb was mainly marketed for extra legroom or for more comfort for the taller person). I'm 6ft and find the lwb ample and don't need the seat in the farthest rearward position - which provides a little more useful storage behind the seats (the wife's handbag for instance).

Comment

Working...
          X