triumph gearbox help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• triumph gearbox help

Hi guys need some help got triumph garbox with o/b .not sure what it is . number is gr5291317 .need 1st/2nd synchro hub 34 teeth . And a reverse ldler 21 teeth .in marlin mk1 .hopefully someone can help .thanks antony

Re: triumph gearbox help

Hi Anthony.......Unfortunately the GR prefix is used on all Triumph recon boxes but as your car is a six cylinder the box would have the longer input shaft, so it will be from a Vitesse or GT6 or less likely a Dolomite 18/50. Where is reverse? if its press left and forwards its a three rail box if its lift right and forwards its a single rail box. If its a three rail I might be able to find a used synchro hub but reverse idlers do get chewed so you would be best to get a new one. I would recommend T.G. Fitchett www.tdfitchett.co.uk for spare parts and the gaskets. When you have the box apart you will also need a new circlip that goes infront of 3rd gear, don't use the old one, also best to replace the synchro hub ball springs,
    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

HI BEN will do.! going put all new bearings in to, got the gears out now . so will need to get new ones . can I put a 33teeth synchro hub in as they are moor common, I wil send you some photos .thanks for your help , antony

Comment

Hi ben I sent photos to your @virgin.net emal .thanks

Comment

Hi Antony thanks for the photo's ........You will need to replace the gears like for like as far as I know. Both synchro hubs that I have out of Vitesse boxes have 34 teeth with a 21T reverse idler. I can send you a synchro hub that is used but in better condition than yours but you will still need to get an idler as I haven't got a good spare.
          Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Originally posted by b.caswell View Post
            Hi Antony thanks for the photo's ........You will need to replace the gears like for like as far as I know. Both synchro hubs that I have out of Vitesse boxes have 34 teeth with a 21T reverse idler. I can send you a synchro hub that is used but in better condition than yours but you will still need to get an idler as I haven't got a good spare.
            thanks so much ben !!! what would we do with you!! thanks for all your help!! Antony

Comment

Working...
            X