Windscreen Washer Jets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windscreen Washer Jets

Anyone have a good solution for washer jets on a roadster? The problem that I have is that mine are press fit and they keep popping out, they always have and it's very annoying! I've just tried fitting a pair of chrome mini ones but there's not enough room to get the pipe on once they are bolted in!
    Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Re: Windscreen Washer Jets

Try fitting them with a smear of clear silicone sealant and some weight to hold them in position.

Comment

You can get aftermarket washer jets that clip onto the wiper arm. Same sort of thing was standard item on early Smart Fortwo so must be legal. Also fitted to some trucks. Quick look shows plenty on eBay. Common brand seems to be Wipex
      Last edited by CompoSimmonite; 14-12-14, 05:21 AM.

Comment

I've got the mini jets to fit. I reduced the length of the spigots on the back of the washer jets and then superglued the pipe onto the remains of the spigot, see the photo below...
        20141214_124122.jpg

And this is what they look like now they are fitted...
        20141214_125957.jpg

I'll have to see how long it will last. If it fails I'll take a look at the wiper arm based jets, they look good and have driven a car with them fitted in the past and they work well.

I had to fit a new washer pump, it's so efficient it emptied the washer bottle in no time
        Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Working...
        X