GT6 based roadster on eBay .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT6 based roadster on eBay .

Does anyone know the Red GT 6 based roadster that has been on eBay twice and finished today .
    the price seems to be set a little too high so is not getting any bids.it seems like a nice early car but has no hood or side screens.
    if it is number 44 to be made what back end will it have ,I would assume Triumph GT6 but guess you guys will know .Is it also a short wheel base?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Motormouse_67; 19-04-15, 06:41 PM.

Re: GT6 based roadster on eBay .

The problem is that it is not correctly registered. It is registered as a GT6 NOT a Marlin. Therefore there is a very strong chance that it will need to be put through an IVA test which is just not worth the bother.
    Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
    - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

All Mk1 kits except 1 are SWB the car has a Mk11 GT6 rear end which uses a lower suspension link and donuts. Some say that thats a better option. OK till it needs rebuilding then its not quite so simple as the Mk1 or later swing spring cars. The car has been around for quite some time but notsure how much history you would need to get the v5 corrected.As I have said in a previous post there is little or no feed back from anyone being succesful or otherwise.
      Last edited by b_caswell; 20-04-15, 09:59 PM.
      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

If the car has been around for so long as a Triumph GT6 what is there to be gained from trying to change it to a Marlin.?
        I have a friend who has a Marlin registered a Morris Marina sports with a full build and history file.
        Do the cars need to be updated after all the years they have been on the road or does it only help those who wish to export the cars.

Comment

This is all a bit of a grey area but really any cars that were not described correctly on their V5's should have been corrected during the amnesty that was introduced at the same time as SVA in 1998. If you have the history and it goes back to before SVA was introduced then no problem. Being able to prove the Marlin was built and on the road before then is a factor.

Otherwise the authorities could insist in the car being tested which in the case of the roadsters would be a challenge.
          Export cars on their donor registration seem to get through their respective countries approval system on the "historic category" which is a can of worms of its own.
          Last edited by b_caswell; 20-04-15, 09:58 PM.
          Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Originally posted by Motormouse67 View Post
            If the car has been around for so long as a Triumph GT6 what is there to be gained from trying to change it to a Marlin.?
            I have a friend who has a Marlin registered a Morris Marina sports with a full build and history file.
            Do the cars need to be updated after all the years they have been on the road or does it only help those who wish to export the cars.
            copied from the web:

(1) It is an Offence to have an incorrectly registered vehicle on the road – fact
            (2) Any Westfield sold as a Westfield should have Westfield on the V5 Document – if it hasn’t then it isn’t properly registered and the owner commits the offence every time the vehicle is used on the road.
            (3) Any Kit-car registered after (Not exactly sure when it was introduced) will require an SVA test or more latterly an IVA test.

you can read it here:
            In the last month there have been three topics that have involved vehicles with anomalies on the V5 documents – I thought it would be a good time to start an FAQ thread for members to post their knowledge/experience on the subject rather than diverting the other threads into a discussion on this....

and i can agree in most terms

same discussion, similar opinions:

concluion: incorrectly registered kitcars are against the law.

Last edited by Sportster-Green; 23-04-15, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X