soft top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• soft top

Hi Has anyone this type of soft top frame fitted in a marina based roadster, If so could you guide me as to where to drill the holes, and how the black fiberglass bit fits? I had the kit supplied with the car with no instructions, its never been fitted. I have the soft top an door windows as well.
    Attached Files

Re: soft top

The black fibreglass moulding is attached to front of hood and secures it to the windscreen frame. The hood frame attaches to the rear tub moulding just behind the door aperture. I'm sure someone will come up with recommended dimension

Comment

I have PM'd you so give me a bell.

Adrian

Comment

This may help...from the owners manual for a YKC Roadster.

hood.JPG

Comment

In the meantime this should help.

But still give me a bell for a chat about technique

Adrian

Comment

YKC build manual will supply the relevant details -see useful documents section

Comment

Beaten to it!!!!!!

Comment

Snap but from a Marlin Roadster

Comment

BUT there is a slight difference depending on the age of the hood.

NOTE: the press the dots on the side of the screen.

img016.jpg
                  Attached Files

Comment

on my Roadster as in fig 30a there is that metal bracket sunk into the body where part of the tubular hood frame drops in but all you can see is the hole as there is a trim moulding covering the bracket, that what you have got is much better as it would be easier to pull over in a hurry !! good luck with it.

Added a couple of pics of the tubular piece for the main downpipe of the hood frame to fit into and that fits into the recess of the side body panel shown, which I had to repair as part of the body where it fits was broken away.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by old_n_notpastityet; 16-05-15, 08:49 PM. Reason: add picture

Comment

Working...
                    X