Engine Bearing spigot bush - Marina 1.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Bearing spigot bush - Marina 1.3

Hi friends. After removing the engine and gearbox, after having rebuilt one gearbox with two old....after your help and your informations to find english parts (french people don't know Morris marina an still less Marlin kit car) ....before to place the gearbox on the engine...it remains a last and not least problem. It miss a crankshaft bearing spigot bush (shown part N°63 on picture attached).
    I can't find it, on ebay, and this part is in the EARLPART catalogue, but they don't supply it, because they don't have a model to reproduce it...
    So i'm blocked to rebuilt my car...and i block the garage of my mechanic friend with my Marlin .
    For more informations the axis diameter on which this spigot fits is 13cm (51⁄8in ). Thus the crankshaft spigot bush interior diameter must be of this dimensions.
    Then i need your help, ideas and / or informations.
    Thank you very much.
    regards
    Marc
    Morris MArina 1300 Crankshaft Spigot bush.jpg

Re: Engine Bearing spigot bush - Marina 1.3

Originally posted by wingman View Post
    Hi friends. After removing the engine and gearbox, after having rebuilt one gearbox with two old....after your help and your informations to find english parts (french people don't know Morris marina an still less Marlin kit car) ....before to place the gearbox on the engine...it remains a last and not least problem. It miss a crankshaft bearing spigot bush (shown part N°63 on picture attached).
    I can't find it, on ebay, and this part is in the EARLPART catalogue, but they don't supply it, because they don't have a model to reproduce it...
    So i'm blocked to rebuilt my car...and i block the garage of my mechanic friend with my Marlin .
    For more informations the axis diameter on which this spigot fits is 13cm (51⁄8in ). Thus the crankshaft spigot bush interior diameter must be of this dimensions.
    Then i need your help, ideas and / or informations.
    Thank you very much.
    regards
    Marc
    [ATTACH]6779[/ATTACH]
    Parts books suggest that is the same as 13H4563 found in Spridgets etc. I cannot be sure of dimensions.
    Locating the part in France would be a big problem.

Comment

1.3 or 1.8..? Thread title says 1.3 but diagram is for 1.8.
      So far as I know the B series (in the Marina) only used an oilite bush but the 1.3 A series may have had oilite or needle-bearing depending on year/model (I don't believe they are interchangeable)...I had a suspicion that the Marina only ever had the needle-bearing but have no proof of that.
      Here's one on eBay being sold by Earlpart..!
      If it is a 1.8 version you need then a local machine shop should be able to make one up if all else fails.

And another one here.
      Last edited by lil_red_roadster; 09-09-15, 08:06 PM.
      Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
      Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_red_roadster View Post
        1.3 or 1.8..? Thread title says 1.3 but diagram is for 1.8.
        So far as I know the B series (in the Marina) only used an oilite bush but the 1.3 A series may have had oilite or needle-bearing depending on year/model (I don't believe they are interchangeable)...I had a suspicion that the Marina only ever had the needle-bearing but have no proof of that.
        Here's one on eBay being sold by Earlpart..!
        If it is a 1.8 version you need then a local machine shop should be able to make one up if all else fails.

And another one here.
        thank you for your message. Yes you're right picture comes from 1.8 and my Engine is an 1.3.
        thank you for your links, but i don't look for a crankshaft bearing needle (found yet) but for a bearing Spigot Bush. This part fits In the Engine axis hole in which enters the crank exiting from the gearbox. From my understanding this part is used to Help cranck to stay centered. An idea?

Comment

Hi Steve thank you for your help but i can't read Germain and it's " spridgets.de "...i'm unable to find the part you suggest. Impossible to translate All site. An idea or better the link?
          thank you

Comment

You could measure up size of hole in end of crank and its depth and the external size of gearbox shaft, then try www.bearingboys.co.uk

Comment

Try ESM <morrisminorspares.co.uk>..It seems early A series use a bronze bush part number 10M131 and later use needle roller part number 10m131A.

Original Leyland part number for Marina 1300cc 12v engine Oct 75 onwards 13H 4653

Note this is for Morris Minor but chances are its the same part. Check outside diameter(would think 13mm not cm??) and internal diameter.
              Last edited by b_caswell; 09-09-15, 10:15 PM. Reason: more info
              Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Originally posted by dogoncrazy View Post
                You could measure up size of hole in end of crank and its depth and the external size of gearbox shaft, then try www.bearingboys.co.uk
                Thank you i will check my dimensions and try to find it on this site.

Comment

HI Ben thank you for your help and informations. I'll also follow this track.
                  About dimensions yes you are right it's 13mm for inside diameter, but i have not the original part, then i can mesure outside diameter (maximum is the hole inside diameter, i think) but i can't see the length necessary . Focusing the hole in which it must fit , the problem is , it's deep, and i don't know if the bearing occupies the entire length.
                  To resume on my marlin there was not this part mounted an my mecanic friend said that it will be a problem to rebuilt without this part.

Comment

You need this bush big time. I once had a Rover SD1 engine replaced by a reconditioning company, cowboys, and they fitted an auto engine which doesn't have this bush instead on a manual which did.

Destroyed my clutch in about 6 weeks
                    Stumbling around in the dark
                    Marina based SWB roadster
                    Alfa Romeo 1750 with 5 speed box

Comment

Hi Marc,
                      Hope you have managed to find the Crankshaft Spigot Bush? The eBay advert that was listed does say that it will fit Marina 1.1, 1.3 and 1.8. It also says that it will fit Austin Healey Sprite 1275cc 1966-1971 and MG Midget 1275cc 1966-1974 so perhaps you could try one of the MG Sites. A quick look at Rimmer Brothers website comes up with Part No. AHU1026L. To find this place your search under MG Midget & Austin Healey Sprite Clutch Components. Seems to be the same part as for Land Rover?
                      Regards,
                      Chris
                      Attached Files

Comment

ok thank you alls. i have found a turner. He makes it for me, with dimensions given.

Comment

Working...
                        X