New Post Searches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Post Searches

Has anything changed with the New Posts on the Forum?

I have always looked for new posts under Forum/New Posts.

Over the last few days I have become aware that I'm only being shown one or two new posts - yet when I then go onto the Forum and look down the various sections, I can see there are several other new posts which are not being dispalyed under the New Post section?

Do you know whats going wrong Cameron?

................and keep up the good job you do of supporting the MOC website. We are all guilty of taking your work for granted - me included - but here's a pat on the back!

Mike

Re: New Post Searches

Hi Mike, the New Posts (under the Forum Tab) still works though it is limited by date so anything over a certain date wont show up. The best way to keep up to date is by using the latest Posts block on the right hand side of the page as that is updated every 30 mins or so and contains the last 10 posts whenever they were posted.

ANd thankyou for the pat much appreciated :

Comment

Re: New Post Searches

Isn't there an accumulation factor working here.
      On a thread you have viewed, if your settings are right, you get an email notification of a follow up post. What you don't get is subsequent notification of every other post, so you have some catchup to do.
      That is unless I have misunderstood the question!
      Some forums like Phpbb use a different algorithm, they highlight unread posts, not new posts, a subtle difference.

Comment

Working...
      X