Cabrio/Sierra driveshaft cv joint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabrio/Sierra driveshaft cv joint

I have some play in the cv joints[bolt on disc brake type] but how much is too much? Any recommendations on who to get replacements from?

Re: Cabrio/Sierra driveshaft cv joint

Originally posted by dogoncrazy View Post
    I have some play in the cv joints[bolt on disc brake type] but how much is too much? Any recommendations on who to get replacements from?
    Hi Alan

I have no idea about acceptable tolerances/play, but if you decide to buy new ones, try John at Kit-fit. He supplies decent quality brands, and at very good prices.

Mike

Comment

I got mine from Ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-SIERR...item20bb00e3e3
      Your local motor factor should stock them too.
      Be warned it's a very messy job, that grease seems to get everywhere!

Comment

I bought 4 of these about a year ago but ran out of "round tuits" so it's another job to definitely do this winter! Peter

Check the diameter of your drive shafts and also count / check the number of splines as they do vary. Peter.

Comment

Thanks Guys, will remove and check splines /dimensions

Comment

There are also different diameters of flanges. Mine were 100mm. BTW when you change them get rid of the horrid Torx dome headed securing screws as they are very shallow and easily chewed up. My kit came with replacement socket head cap screws which have a much deeper recess for the hex head tool. You can buy these seperately if needed but they must be high tensile steel. Peter.

Comment

Working...
            X