Marina Advert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marina Advert

So they parked one on the salty beach then wrote the words about rust protection under the picture.

Long Live the Marina - Irony ?

DC
    Attached Files

Re: Marina Advert

Just goes to prove that while you may not be able to polish one, you can certainly put spin on a t##d.

Comment

But
      128.jpg
      Would you buy one?

Comment

No, wouldn't be able to see where I was going with her sat on the bonnet!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gareth View Post
          No, wouldn't be able to see where I was going with her sat on the bonnet!!!
          You could see a bit more around this one, but still be distracted!

Cant see any rust.

126.jpg

Comment

i did but she wasn't part of the deal,my view was running her would be more costly than the car! ; -)))

Comment

Originally posted by stevejgreen View Post
              But
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]6863[/ATTACH]
              Would you buy one?
              I had a white one that got stolen. Great car.
              - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
              - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
              - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
              - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
              - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

My first car was a 1.3 Marina Coupe when I was 17 (back in 1975). I think I kept the leaf spring industry afloat single handedly as I constantly snapped them as they were underated for drag starts!!

The second one I had somehow bypassed the electroplating as it was the national producer of Fe3c (rust to those not familiar with chemical symbols).

Niether came with the pictured bonnet mascot - shame that would have been excellent for a hormonal, spoty 17 year old.

Comment

We had a number of 1300's cars & vans and a1700 O ser. estate with a floating half shaft, it floated in and out half an inch, a beautiful car. None had the bonnet mascot though . They all handled sensibly when fitted with heavy anti roll bars. The 700 single carb had surprising acceleration.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                    I had a white one that got stolen. Great car.
                    The car, or the bonnet mascot?

Comment

my younger brother had a 1.3 coupe - quite possibly one of the most awful drives I ever encountered - the worst was a Lada. Still, Im sure there were worse out there. However, put the mechanical gubbins in a sturdy chassis and fiddle with the suspension and Paul Moorhouse ended up with a fabulous little car.
                      Last edited by cameronfurnival; 03-11-15, 07:28 PM.

Comment

No girls ?

Comment

DC - at our age girls just mean trouble! and more trouble than we were ever used to!

Comment

OK, think perhaps I shouldn't have said that as this thread could easily spiral rapidly out of control.

As I recall, nostalgia aint what it used to be

Comment

Working...
                            X